Friday, April 5, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday (#2)

--- 1 ---
Sorry I haven't posted much this week. My computer died Monday. It has been mostly resurrected. I still need to reinstall [read: my husband still has to reinstall] Microsoft Office. My computer still has some of the quirks it had before, which makes me nervous. But, my dear husband stayed up until 2 am once this week to try to fix the sucker, so I feel loved.

Source

--- 2 ---
My internship at Feminists for Life is starting soon. w00t!


--- 3 ---
My Bible study ended yesterday. I highly recommend the book that we used:

 
 
The Year of Faith Bible study was very good. It led to some very fruitful discussions and I know some of the women in my study learned a lot. I only have two complaints: 1) If you don't know some of the basics of the Catholic faith, some of it will go over your head. Especially in the first couple weeks, I found myself doing an introduction to the issues in the readings because some of the ladies in my study didn't have the foundation to understand the reading. 2) It's not really Bible centered. It does give the Biblical foundation for many Catholic beliefs. I particularly liked a chart in which he gave the scriptural references for every thing in the Nicene Creed. But if you're looking for a Bible study that will help you understand the Bible, you need to look elsewhere.

--- 4 ---
My next project will be a Theology of the Body course. We will hopefully be using "A Crash Course in the Theology of the Body" by Christopher West. I already have the CD and I can borrow the DVD from someone in the diocese offices. The only possible expense for my parish will be the books (if we want the books, they aren't necessary). Which is good because the Bible study cost my parish over 200 bucks.


--- 5 ---
I have some good memories of using the Crash Course in college. It was pretty much an annual thing at my Newman Center. It would usually take us a semester meeting once a week for an hour or so listening to part of a lecture and then discussing it. One thing I remember very clearly was a girl named Ginger who would start conversations with "Well, what do you think?" It became a running gag by the end of the semester. I'm surprised that I lost my book for it although given some of the notations I made in the book, I could see myself intentionally throwing it away. Like a lot of people, I had some rough times in college and there are plenty of things I would rather forget.
--- 6 ---
But on a happier note: My first article for Ignitum Today will be published this Sunday! I wrote about my C-section (which isn't the happiest story) in honor of C-section Awareness Month. I'm really excited about this new position. The people I'm working with are awesome and I'm looking forward to learning more about writing.
--- 7 ---
 
Let me finish this one up with a goofy video that we've all seen, but it's still hilarious:
 

 
It's peanut butter jelly time!
 



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I want to know.

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts